Youth Journey for Justice
10th (arrival) - 18th (departure) August 2013
Youth, 17 - 25, from all over the world are invited to join the Journey for Justice in Palestine.
Watch Journey for Justice promotion video
Proposed daily schedule (subjected to minor changes)
- Saturday, August 10, Day 1: Arrival.
- Sunday, August 11, Day 2: Introduction to YMCA, YWCA and JAI. Guided tour inside Church of Nativity and Bethlehem market. Wall and settlements surrounding Bethlehem area - witness confiscated lands and meet farmers.
- Monday, August 12, Day 3: Watch Bethlehem-Jerusalem checkpoint with EAPPI. Breakfast at YWCA headquarter and meet GS and staff. Guided tour inside Jerusalem old city (Aqsa Mosque, Sepulchre Church). Lunch at YMCA headquarter and meet GS and staff. Guided tour with ICAHD / Zochrot Israeli group. Evening movie screening.
- Tuesday, August 13, Day 4: Ramallah: meet Right to Education Campaign. Al-Dameer Prisoners organization. Visit to Bili'n (popular resistance). Visit Arafat' tomb. Free time in Ramallah.
- Wednesday, August 14, Day 5: Nablus (north West Bank): visit Al-Najah University and guided tours with students. Guided tour inside Nablus old city including Hammam, Jacob' well. Meet with Samaritans.
- Thursday, August 15, Day 6: A tour in the old city of Hebron. Visiting the Ibrahimi Mosque. Presentation about the situation with the TIPH, guided tour with the Hebron Rehabilitation Committee (HRC) to witness settlements inside the town - divided areas - forbidden streets. Lunch in the old city. Visit glass and Palestinian scarf factories.
- Friday, August 16, Day 7: Help farmers at their fields / Witness YMCA summer camp in Beit Sahour. Afternoon presentation on the Palestinian refugees and right of return by Badil center for refugees. Guided tour inside a refugee camp. Home stays with Palestinian families.
- Saturday, August 17, Day 8: Presentations on the BDS Campaign, Kairos Palestine Initiative. Involvement in the Olive Tree Campaign - future advocacy plans and follow up. Free afternoon. Folklore Cultural evening - farewell dinner.
- Sunday, August 18, Day 9: Departure.
Criterea / Remarks (read carefully):
Participants ages should be between 17 and 25 (up to 30 could be allowed for special cases).
The JAI covers a large portion of the program costs, while participation still need to cover some fees of 650 USD, beside their VISA fees (to Israel, if needed in advance).
The participation fees cover transportation from and to Tel-Aviv airport, local transportation during the program, accommodation, meals, and all extra (not JAI team) guiding and entrance fees during the Journey. This amount is to be paid in advance by a money transfer, or in cash soon as the participant arrives.
Each participant, or his/her respective movement, covers his/her air ticket. Tickets should be reserved so as to arrive on the 10th and departure on the 18th of August 2013. Extra days outside the scope of the Journey will add extra costs on the participant.
Participants of nationalities that need a VISA to Israel in advance, they, or their respective movements, are in charge of obtaining and managing their TOURIST VISAs on their own, while the JAI, EJ YMCA or YWCA of Palestine are, unfortunately, unable to help in this matter.
Deadline for filled applications submission is mid July 2013.
Application is available online
Otherwise, you can download the application form: [doc], [pdf]
and send the filled application to / and if you have any question or concern:
Tel / Fax: + 970 (0)2 2774540
Media Officer / Exchange Programs Coordinator
YMCA - YWCA Joint Advocacy Initiative (JAI)