27th July (arrival) - 4th August (departure) 2019
Youth, 17 - 30, from all over the world are invited to join the Journey for Justice in Palestine.
Proposed daily schedule (subjected to minor changes)
- Saturday, July 27: Arrival.
- Sunday, July 28: Ice-Breaking among participants (local and international). Introduction to YMCA, YWCA, JAI and the Olive Tree Campaign local and international impacts. Lunch (Shawerma), Guided tour inside Church of Nativity and Bethlehem old city and market.
- Monday, July 29: Kairos Palestine (Palestinian Christian Initiative), Bethlehem University (meet, chat and tour around with students), Lunch (Falafel), JAI guided tour to witness the Israeli Apartheid Wall, colonies (settlements), settlers' bypass roads surrounding Bethlehem area, confiscated lands.
- Tuesday, July 30: Ramallah: Presentation on the Boycott-Divestment-Sanction (BDS) Campaign by the National Committee. Free time in Ramallah and visit to Arafat' Tomb. Visit and lunch in Nabi Saleh village (Tamimi family - popular resistance). Evening movie screening.
- Wednesday, July 31: Morning watch to Bethlehem-Jerusalem checkpoint, cross checkpoint on foot. Guided tour inside Jerusalem old city (Aqsa Mosque, Dome of the Rock, Sepulchre Church). Guided tour with ICAHD / AIC Israeli group' activist(s).
- Thursday, August 1: Hebron: Presentation about the situation with the Temporarily International Presence in Hebron (TIPH) international force, then guided tour inside the old city of Hebron to witness colonies (settlements inside) the town - divided areas - forbidden streets (Shuhada street), closures, divided Ibrahimi Mosque. Lunch in the old city (at Palestinian family targeted house). Visit glass and Palestinian Koufiyyeh factories.
- Friday, August 2: Help farmers at their fields. Afternoon presentation on the Palestinian refugees and Right of Return by Badil center for refugees. Meeting Refugees and guided tour inside a refugee camp. Folklore Cultural performance.
- Saturday, August 3: Jericho: Baptism site and Jordan river, YWCA center in Jericho (presentation about work and activities, meet clients, lunch), walk up Mount of Temptation and visit monastery, Sycamore Tree, Tel-Sultan Jericho 10,000 years old city' remains, free time in Jericho down town. Farewell dinner.
- Sunday, August 4: Departure.
Criterea / Remarks (read carefully):
- Participants ages should be between 17 and 25 (up to 30 could be allowed for special cases).
- The JAI covers some portion of the program costs, while participation still need to pay the fees of 750 USD per participant, excluding: VISA fees (to Israel, if needed in advance), air-tickets and transportation from and to airport / boarder crossing to the YMCA Beit Sahour (the JAI can arrange, but the participant(s) need to pay extra for if requested).
- The participation fees cover local transportation during the program, accommodation, meals, and all extra (not JAI team) guiding and entrance fees during the Journey. This amount is to be paid in advance by a money transfer, or in cash soon as the participant arrives.
- Each participant, or his/her respective movement or sending organization, covers his/her air ticket. Tickets should be reserved so as to arrive on the 27th of July (preferred around noon time) and departure on the 4th of August (also preferred around noon time) 2019. Extra days and arrangements outside the scope of the Journey is on the participant(s) own responsibility to arrange and cover the cost of.
- Participants of nationalities that need a VISA to Israel in advance, they, or their respective movement or sending organization, are responsible for obtaining and managing their TOURIST VISAs on their own, while the JAI, EJ YMCA or YWCA of Palestine are, unfortunately, unable to help in this matter.
- Deadline for filled applications submission is mid July 2019.
If you have any question or concern:
Media Officer / Exchange Programs Coordinator
YMCA - YWCA Joint Advocacy Initiative (JAI)
Tel / Fax: + 970 (0)2 2774540