4th (arrival) - 12th April (departure) 2020
Youth, 17 - 30, from all over the world are invited to join the Journey for Justice in Palestine.
Proposed daily schedule (subjected to minor changes / days swaps)
- Saturday, April 4: Arrival.
- Sunday, April 5: Olive Tree planting at a Palestinian field, threatened of confiscation. Lunch at the field with farmers/land owners. JAI guided tour to witness the Israeli Apartheid Wall, colonies (settlements), settlers' bypass roads surrounding Bethlehem area, confiscated lands. Introduction to YMCA, YWCA, JAI and the Olive Tree Campaign local and international impacts.
- Monday, April 6: Introduction to Kairos Palestine (Palestinian Christian Initiative). Visit Bethlehem University, meet and chat and tour around with students. Walk through the Bethlehem market, Lunch in the old city of Bethlehem (Falafel). Guided tour inside Church of Nativity.
- Tuesday, April 7: Jericho: Baptism site and Jordan river, YMCA Vocational Trainign Center, YWCA center in Jericho (presentation about work and activities, meet clients, lunch), walk up Mount of Temptation and visit monastery.
- Wednesday, April 8: Hebron: Presentation on the Geopolitical situation in Hebron, then guided tour inside the old city of Hebron to witness colonies (settlements inside) the town - divided areas - forbidden streets (Shuhada street), closures, divided Ibrahimi Mosque. Lunch in the old city (at Palestinian family targeted house). Visit handmade factories.
- Thursday, April 9: Morning watch to Bethlehem-Jerusalem checkpoint, cross checkpoint on foot. Guided tour inside Jerusalem old city (Aqsa Mosque, Dome of the Rock, Sepulchre Church). Guided tour with ICAHD/AIC Israeli group' activist(s).
- Friday, April 10: Morning devotion at the YMCA Gotto. Presentation on the Palestinian refugees and Right of Return by Badil center for refugees. Lunch (Shawerma). Visit refugee camp: meet and chat with refugee youth, guided tour inside the camp. Folklore Cultural performance.
- Saturday, April 11: Visit the YWCA Center in action: introduction, meet students and youth group. Lunch. Presentation on the Boycott-Divestment-Sanction (BDS) Campaign by the National Committee. Free time in Ramallah. Farewell.
- Sunday, April 12: Departure.
Criterea / Remarks (read carefully):
- Participants ages should be between 17 and 25 (up to 30 could be allowed for special cases).
- The JAI covers some portion of the program costs, while participation still need to pay the fees of 750 USD per participant, excluding: VISA fees (to Israel, if needed in advance), air-tickets and transportation from and to airport / boarder crossing to the YMCA Beit Sahour (the JAI can arrange, but the participant(s) need to pay extra for if requested).
- The participation fees cover local transportation during the program, accommodation, meals, and all extra (not JAI team) guiding and entrance fees during the Journey. This amount is to be paid in advance by a money transfer, or in cash soon as the participant arrives.
- Each participant, or his/her respective movement or sending organization, covers his/her air ticket. Tickets should be reserved so as to arrive on the 4th of April (preferred around noon time) and departure on the 12th of April (also preferred around noon time) 2020. Extra days and arrangements outside the scope of the Journey is on the participant(s) own responsibility to arrange and cover the cost of.
- Participants of nationalities that need a VISA to Israel in advance, they, or their respective movement or sending organization, are responsible for obtaining and managing their TOURIST VISAs on their own, while the JAI, EJ YMCA or YWCA of Palestine are, unfortunately, unable to help in this matter.
- Deadline for filled applications submission is mid March 2020.
If you have any question or concern:
Media Officer / Exchange Programs Coordinator
YMCA - YWCA Joint Advocacy Initiative (JAI)
Tel / Fax: + 970 (0)2 2774540