16th (arrival) - 25th (departure) October 2021
West Bank, Palestine
Register online now
A program for Civil International Solidarity with Palestinians
The JAI together with the Alternative Tourism Group (ATG) are organizing the 17th annual Olive Picking Program of 2021. This agricultural event is of special significance to the Palestinian economy when all energies and efforts are mobilized.
Besides olive picking, the program features introductory presentations about the current situation in Palestine and the effects of the Apartheid Wall, tours in the old city of Jerusalem, Hebron, and Bethlehem, in addition to evening sessions, cultural event and social gatherings.
The JAI Olive Tree Campaign
The Olive Picking Program and last years' programs' reports.
Reported attacks on farmers and land in Palestine.
Attacks on Olive Tree Campaign' planted fields.
- An optional evening program will also be organized during the Picking Program, which includes film screenings or professional presentations on certain topics related to Palestinian life under occupation related international campaigns.
The cost of the program including accommodation in a double room, meals, guides, local transportation and other relevant expenses is $800. Requesting a single room at the hotel would cost the participant $200 Extra. Any extra night(s) accommodation (before the night of the 16th/17th of October, or after the night of the 24th/25th of October 2021) is beyond the scope of the program and the participant has to pay extra for.
Accommodation will be arranged at a hotel or with a local family (participants select in the registration form).
A tour guide will be present with the group at all times for facilitation purposes.
Travel from and to the airport is NOT included in the cost but can be arranged for (100 USD per person for each drive, unless sharing with a group of other participants).
It is strongly preferred that you fill and submit the registration form after booking your ticket, in order to fill your arrival and departure information in the same record.
Upon registration, you are automatically admitted to participate in the program (without having to wait for confirmation from our side), and you will receive further information / replies accordingly.
Proposed daily schedule (subjected to minor changes)
- Saturday, Oct 16, Day 1: Arrival. Meeting representatives from the organizing institutions for an overview and discussion of the program.
- Sunday, Oct 17, Day 2: Half day picking olives at a selected field. After lunch, political tour and sightseeing in Bethlehem, including the visit of a refugee camp and Church of Nativity. Dinner and overnight in Bethlehem.
- Monday, Oct 18, Day 3: Visit to the Palestine Museum of Natural History with Dr. Mazin Qumsieh. A tour in the old city of Hebron: Visiting the Ibrahimi Mosque. Guided tour in Hebron old city, market, H1/H2 areas, Shuhada street. Visiting a glass factory. Free time. Dinner and overnight in Bethlehem.
- Tuesday, Oct 19, Day 4: Half day picking olives at a selected field in, followed by Presentation on the onging displcamenet, the refugee questions and ongoing displacement with BADIL Resource Center for Palestinian Residency and Refugees' Rights. Dinner and Overnight in Bethlehem.
- Wednesday, Oct 20, Day 5: Free day.
- Thursday, Oct 21, Day 6: Half day picking olives at a selected field, followed by lunch. Visiting an olive press. Geopolitical presentation for a presentation on the Apartheid Wall, colonies (settlements) and land confiscation. Dinner and overnight in Bethlehem.
- Friday, Oct 22, Day 7: Full day of picking olives at a selected field, lunch included. Dinner and overnight in Bethlehem.
- Saturday, Oct 23, Day 8: Tour in the Old City of Jerusalem. Lunch, followed by a a tour with Israeli activist around Jerusalem. Dinner and overnight in Bethlehem.
- Sunday, Oct 24, Day 9: Half day picking olives at a field. Lunch. Advocacy session and future planning. Farewell dinner with Palestinian Folklore Dance Peformance. Overnight in Bethlehem.
- Monday, Oct 25, Day 10: Departure.
It is our pleasure that people are taking part in our mission in Keeping Hope Alive together and to learn more about daily Palestinian life under the Israeli military occupation.
For any other information or question, please contact:
We hope to have you with us!