PYEM is a voluntary gathering of Palestinian Christian youth, working under the umbrella of the YMCA-YWCA Joint Advocacy Initiative, and does not substitute or compete with any of the Christian youth organizations/groups working in Palestine.
The gathering works, primarily, on fulfilling the Christian vision and activating the Palestinian Christian community' national role in the Palestinian society and cause, towards achieving peace with justice and building a democratic pluralistic society, dominated by the principles of social justice and the respect human rights and dignity.
Working with the Christian youths, and the various Christian youth groups, to unite visions, enhance ecumenism, and support the religious, social, and cultural local programs, based on the general Christian, humanitarian, and national principles, to develop the Palestinian Christian' national role in serving the Church, the homeland and human being.
Activating and strengthening the role of Palestinian Christian youth in the service of man kind, the Church, the society, and the Palestinian cause.
- Strengthen the ecumenical spirit among young people.
- Active participation in the dissemination of the Kairos document locally and internationally.
- Strengthen the relationship with the regional and global Christian youth groups.
- Strengthen the Palestinian Christian' national role, through commitment to the Christian teachings, Palestinian cause and identity.
- Promote the principles of equality, democracy, citizenship, and the rule of law.
- Support the Palestinian Christians steadfastness, and fight migration.
- Cooperation and coordination with the spiritual and secular Palestinian Christian leadership with regard to strengthening the Christian role.
- Activation of the Palestinian Christian youth participation in regional and international gatherings and advocacy programs that aims at the realization of peace with justice in the region.
- Strengthen the youth leadership skills.
- Sessions and meetings introducing and promoting ecumenism within the Palestinian Christian youth organizations/groups.
- Awareness-raising activities for the dissemination of the Kairos document.
- Participate in regional and global seminars and conferences on human rights principles, ecumenical work and advocacy.
- Organization of training courses in the principles of democracy and citizenship.
- Youth leadership' skills courses and sessions.
- Exchange visits with various Palestinian youth groups.